How to change the color of the text in desktop icons - Windows Vista Basic RRS feed

• Question

• The color of the text in my desktop icons is white.  It is difficult to discern against a light background.  I would like to change the color of the text to black, as I wanted to retain the light background.
    Friday, January 14, 2011 8:39 AM

Answers

• The color of the text in my desktop icons is white.  It is difficult to discern against a light background.  I would like to change the color of the text to black, as I wanted to retain the light background.

A compromise is required.... give up you background picture and turn it into SOLID colour.

Try it, see if it is agreeable to you, if you don't like it, just click " cancel "utton.

Right click on the open space of desktop > Personalize > Desktop Background > at the Location heading, click the pointer and select Solid Colors >  Light colour selected will produce dark text colour, and vice versa.
    Meaning, if you select Black ..... you get White text colour. Conversely, select White ...... you get black text colour.

Don't click OK yet, tryout a few light colours.
    If you decide to forgo, click Cancel.
    If you have selected a colour you like, click OK.
    Sunday, January 16, 2011 4:27 PM