Win10 pro (upgraded), in an AD, will not login RRS feed

• Question

• Here is an odd one:

I upgraded a win10 home to win10 pro via the store, and then brought it up to version 1607.

I attached it to an AD domain that's based on server 2012R2 essentials.

It's operating OK as an attached device, backs up, etc.

The machine will not let me log in using domain accounts, not even the account used to connect to the AD.

The only account I can login from is the live account used to upgrade to pro.

Any ideas?

David L.

Monday, September 26, 2016 3:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

We can download the ISO file here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 1:09 PM
  • in my case this is not an option, as the upgrade was done via MS store, so, no ISO to work off.

David,

Further to Kate's earlier post, the Windows 10 Pro ISO you can download from the link will be for version 1607 so it will be a relatively easy re-installation of the version you are currently running.  Once your installation is repaired, keep the ISO handy for future use if necessary.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 2:30 PM

All replies

• I upgraded a win10 home to win10 pro via the store, and then brought it up to version 1607.

I attached it to an AD domain that's based on server 2012R2 essentials.

It's operating OK as an attached device, backs up, etc.

The machine will not let me log in using domain accounts, not even the account used to connect to the AD.

See THIS THREAD.  Solution for same problem was to run the Win 10 Pro ISO upgrade on top of your existing 10 Pro installation.
    Monday, September 26, 2016 6:48 PM
  • Hi,

I recommend you perform the In-place upgrade to repair your computer to make it work fine by using Windows 10 pro image:

How to Do a Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade
    http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 11:39 AM
  • Hi,

I recommend you perform the In-place upgrade to repair your computer to make it work fine by using Windows 10 pro image:

How to Do a Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade
    http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

in my case this is not an option, as the upgrade was done via MS store, so, no ISO to work off.

I'm considering using the PC as a standalone, instead of an AD member, and counting one more black eye on MS.

David L.
    Tuesday, September 27, 2016 1:01 PM
  • Hi,

We can download the ISO file here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 1:09 PM
  • in my case this is not an option, as the upgrade was done via MS store, so, no ISO to work off.

David,

Further to Kate's earlier post, the Windows 10 Pro ISO you can download from the link will be for version 1607 so it will be a relatively easy re-installation of the version you are currently running.  Once your installation is repaired, keep the ISO handy for future use if necessary.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 2:30 PM