none
Project Server 2013 - Project Plan crashes frequently RRS feed

• Question

• Team,

We are using EPM , and everytime we update the project plan using enterprise project, the plan crashes and it does not allow me to publish the plan on the Project server.

Please suggest solution for the above

We are using Project Server 2013

Regards

Vidhya

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 10:04 AM

All replies

• Vidhya --

First of all, is your Project Server 2013 system updated with the latest Cumulative Updates and/or with Service Pack 1 (just released yesterday)?  If not, I would strongly suggest that you update your system and your copies of Microsoft Project 2013 with Service Pack 1 at the earliest date possible.

Second, regarding this project in particular, I would strongly suspect that this project is corrupted.  To resolve the corruption, you will need to use the Save for Sharing feature in Microsoft Project 2013.  To do this, right-click anywhere on a ribbon tab in Microsoft Project 2013, such as the Tasks tab, and then select the Customize Quick Access Toolbar item on the shortcut menu.  In upper left corner of the Project Options dialog, click the Choose Commands From pick list and select the All Commands item.  In the list of commands on the left side, select the Save For Sharing item and click the Add button to add it to the list on the right. Click the OK button when finished.

To use the Save for Sharing feature, do the following:

1. Open the enterprise project in question.
    2. Click the Save for Sharing button in the Quick Access Toolbar.
    3. In the Save dialog, save the MPP file to a location where you can find it easily, such as your computer Desktop, for example.
    4. Close the MPP file.
    5. Reopen the MPP file.
    6. Click File > Save As and then save the project.
    7. When the Save operation is done, try publishing the project.

Please let us know if this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 5:06 PM
  • I agree with Dale that this project schedule may be corrupt and this is a good solution. However, I have found that if you clear out the cache, this will sometimes open a corrupted project.

1) Start Project with connection to server

2) Open Project

3) File / Options  / Save

4) Clean up Cache and remove all the files

note: there is a project filter.. do this for both filter options

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Thursday, February 27, 2014 1:02 AM