Exchange 2016: Alternative to Exchange 2010 Linked Connector RRS feed

• Question

• We need an alternativa in Exchange Server 2016 to Exchange 2010 Linked Connector.

We need trafric received by a specific connector to be sent by another connector.

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 7:19 AM

All replies

• More info

Actually, we have Exchange 2010.

We have a anonymous receive connector where applications send mails. We use linked connectors to send these mails to Internet directly (without filtering). There are lots mails...

The rest of mails are send to EOP (filtering).

How could I solve this with Exchange Server 2016 ???
    • Edited by Rivers75 Wednesday, June 14, 2017 12:25 PM
    Wednesday, June 14, 2017 12:25 PM
  • Hi Rivers75,

From Exchange 2013, LinkedReceiveConnector has been deprecated. This parameter was used to create connectors that could route messages to a third-party anti-spam service, for instance. Now, in most cases, you route mail to your anti-spam service by means of your MX record, and the linked-connector behavior is not necessary.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998662(v=exchg.150).aspx

So you could route it by MX record.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 15, 2017 8:36 AM
  • jim-xu

I think that it doesn't resolve my situation

I think I should use transport rules...

Thursday, June 15, 2017 10:42 AM
  • jim-xu

I think that it doesn't resolve my situation

I think I should use transport rules...

Hi Rivers75,

As I am concerned, the transport rule could not work for mail flow which is from the specific connector and to another connector.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Tuesday, June 27, 2017 9:58 AM
    Tuesday, June 20, 2017 6:47 AM
  • What about transport rules looking for specific headers like source IPs?
    • Edited by Rivers75 Friday, July 7, 2017 1:51 AM
    Friday, July 7, 2017 1:48 AM
  • Hi,

How about build a special connector in Exchange 2016 to allow other application to send message by Exchange server?
    It's the same operating principle as Exchange 2010.

Moreover, we can use "Sender's IP address is in the range" as condition in transport rule to filter IP address. For your reference:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd638183%28v=exchg.160%29.aspx#Senders

Regards,

Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, July 13, 2017 2:41 AM
  • I can filter by Sender IP, but I can't route this traffic to special send connector...

This is the issue

Wednesday, August 22, 2018 7:55 AM