Deploying Net Framework 4 RRS feed

• Question

• I will deploy a new software for Synergix ADCE which need .NET Framework 4.0 installed.  Im not able to find the exact name of this Software update to Run a report of compliance to see who of my clients need it. 

Also i want to know if .NET framewok 4.0 can be deployed as a Package or Application.  

Thanks!

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 2:37 PM

Answers

All replies

• select distinct SMS_R_System.Name from  SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.Name not in (select distinct SMS_R_System.Name from  SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS on SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ResourceId = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName = "Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0")

Might need to change the name to make sure it reflect what you are looking for

You can deploy .net 4.0 whit SCCM look here for a tutorial: http://prajwaldesai.com/deploy-net-framework-4-0-using-sccm-2012-r2/

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 2:48 PM
  • Is that query language to create a report?
    Tuesday, August 4, 2015 3:11 PM
  • it`s for a query 

Might be a better way as am very bad with query :)

Also this might work better changing last line for this

SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName like "%Microsoft .NET Framework 4%

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 3:12 PM
  • I run it but its displaying me computers that also have superior version of Net framework like 4.5, can we add to not show also any upversion of Framework 4.0?
    Tuesday, August 4, 2015 3:30 PM
  • I run it but its displaying me computers that also have superior version of Net framework like 4.5, can we add to not show also any upversion of Framework 4.0?

If you try using this SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName like "%Microsoft .NET Framework 4%

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 3:31 PM
  • does like "%Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0% work?

Cheers Paul | http://sccmentor.wordpress.com

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 3:32 PM
  • select distinct SMS_R_System.Name from  SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.Name not in (select distinct SMS_R_System.Name from  SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS on SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ResourceId = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName like "%Microsoft .NET Framework 4%)

I got a syntaxis erorr

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 3:35 PM
  • select distinct SMS_R_System.Name from  SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.Name not in (select distinct SMS_R_System.Name from  SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS on SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ResourceId = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName like "%Microsoft .NET Framework 4%)

I got a syntaxis erorr

You are missing a quote 

select distinct SMS_R_System.Name from  SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.Name not in (select distinct SMS_R_System.Name from  SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS on SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ResourceId = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName like "%Microsoft .NET Framework 4%")

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 3:38 PM
  • I'd create an application for both, the .NET and the software you're installing. Then I'd configure the intended software to be dependent on .NET application. This way you could deploy it anywhere you like and it would install the .NET if needed.

Some links to help you out on .NET deployment:

http://www.alexandreviot.net/2014/10/05/configmgr-2012-how-to-deploy-net-framework-4-full/

https://anothermike2.wordpress.com/2014/06/27/back-to-basic-net-framework-4-5-2-deployment-in-mdt-using-a-vb-script-wrapper/

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh925568%28v=vs.110%29.aspx

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2012/10/29/10363630.aspx

• Proposed as answer by Joyce L Monday, August 17, 2015 10:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by Joyce L Wednesday, August 19, 2015 9:32 AM
    Tuesday, August 4, 2015 3:41 PM
  • It narrow the search a lot like from 680 computers to 191. But im still on the list.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 3:42 PM
  • Narcoticoo, im planning on do that, but you think i should just setup the deployment for Net framework and deploy it to everbody and trust the install to not install to the ones that have an upgraded version?
    Tuesday, August 4, 2015 3:46 PM
  • Did you try like "%Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0%")?

Cheers Paul | http://sccmentor.wordpress.com

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 3:46 PM
  • If i use 4.0 it threw me like 634 computers, so its not working better.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 3:47 PM
  • Well you could try this one but like i said not a expert in those query (need to practice more)

select distinct SMS_R_System.Name from  SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.Name not in (select distinct SMS_R_System.Name from  SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS on SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ResourceId = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName = "Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5") and SMS_R_System.Name not in (select distinct SMS_R_System.Name from  SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS on SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ResourceId = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName = "Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0")

Also Narcoticoo as a valid point. You could simply make the 2 package make sure you have the proper detection method configure on both of them and make the .net a dependency for the other application. you deploy the application and if it need the .net it would install it.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 3:50 PM
  • Its fine im below noobie in querys.  It didt work too.

Anyway, so if i setup the netframework 4.0 package and its not required, should not install it right?  This will avoid all this query stuff to realize who need it.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 3:59 PM
  • Yeah you don`t even have to deploy it to a collection.

The main application that require this will deploy it if it`s missing.

But you need to make sure that you are set up properly with the right detection method for this to work.

Because the application will look to see if .net 4.0 is install using the detection method configure in the .net 4.0 deployment type.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 4:01 PM
  • Ok i will first create a package for 4.0 and deploy it to myself to see what will do and if its well setup, and then add it as dependency for the Synergix.

Thank you very much all for your help, i already vote you guys.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 4:12 PM
  • Frederick.

Im able to find many tutorial for Framework deployment, but the detection method use registry keys, im not user its this is enought to tell if its needed, for example if i have 4.5 the registry should be different.  Will this install it anyway?

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 5:09 PM
  • Keep mind that all of the queries listed so far only look at x86 computers. The queries will need to be adjust for x64.

Also keep in mind that computer like Windows 8.x will NOT display .Net 4.0 in their ARP, it is a feature of the OS and not an additional application.

Garth Jones | My blogs: Enhansoft and Old Blog site | Twitter: @GarthMJ

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 5:13 PM
  • I don't see the point for querying what clients have the .NET 4.x and what do not, I'd be more intrested in creating a query for the collection that I want the 'Synergix ADCE' -software you're talking about installed. And to accomplish this:

• Create an application for Synergix ADCE, for the deployment type add dependency for .Net Application
    • Create an application for .NET 4.6, create different deployment types for different OS versions (x86 vs x64, etc.)
    • Deploy Synergix ADCE to the collection of clients you want it

And yes, if the detection method for your .NET is configured correctly and .NET isn't recognized during the installation of Synergix ADCE, it will be installed... as long as you've configured it as a dependency.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 3:42 AM