none
Notification on email other then hotmail?

Question

• Hi I am using this wonderfull forum network for some of the problem I face in work and for helping others, here whenever anyone reply to my thread I get a notify email on my hotmail account but I want to receive it to my work email address so that I can immediately reply or use the soln.
    Can anyone suggest me how to change the email address for the forum notification.
    Thanks!! MCP
    Monday, June 1, 2009 6:03 PM

Answers

• Hi Jason,
    I think the email address we use to sign-in to forums should be a windows live id i.e like hotmail or msn.
    Alternatively,
    I thought of implementing auto-forwarding option which is generally available in other emails like(Gmail, Yahoo etc) to farward my incoming mail from hotmail to other email address as hotmail is not accessible at my workplace. But I think this functionality is not available in hotmail.
    Please advice if I am going wrong anywhere.
    Thanks!! MCP
    From the Live Sign-In page (Forums Home --> Sign in) click on the "Sign up" button under "Don't have a Windows Live ID?".  From there you can enter any valid email address (gmail, yahoo, aol, etc.) or you can get a new Windows Live e-mail address.  

Hope this helps!
    • Marked as answer by GurunGuns Thursday, June 25, 2009 12:59 PM
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 5:29 PM
  • Sorry, I'm not sure if the functionality exists in hotmail to auto-forward your alert emails.  There may be a forum here that specifically caters to hotmail functionality, but your best bet for now would probably be to look for a helpdesk email address or FAQ from your live profile page.  Thanks!
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 8:51 PM

All replies

• It is in the FAQ, upper right corner of the page.  How do I manage the settings of my alerts?
    Hans Passant.
    Monday, June 1, 2009 6:23 PM
  • Hi, I followed the My Alerts section and the configure option in their, but we can not change the email address in the alerts.

Thanks!! MCP
    Monday, June 1, 2009 9:49 PM
  • Hi, I followed the My Alerts section and the configure option in their, but we can not change the email address in the alerts.

Thanks!! MCP
    That is correct, you can only send alerts to the email address associated with your sign-in.  This does not however mean that the email address you use to sign-in must be a hotmail account.  Thanks
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 6:30 PM
  • Hi Jason,
    I think the email address we use to sign-in to forums should be a windows live id i.e like hotmail or msn.
    Alternatively,
    I thought of implementing auto-forwarding option which is generally available in other emails like(Gmail, Yahoo etc) to farward my incoming mail from hotmail to other email address as hotmail is not accessible at my workplace. But I think this functionality is not available in hotmail.
    Thanks!! MCP
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 5:24 PM
  • Hi Jason,
    Alternatively,
    Thanks!! MCP
    From the Live Sign-In page (Forums Home --> Sign in) click on the "Sign up" button under "Don't have a Windows Live ID?".  From there you can enter any valid email address (gmail, yahoo, aol, etc.) or you can get a new Windows Live e-mail address.  

Hope this helps!
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 5:29 PM
  • Thanks Jason!, for updating on this. Actually as I am already very much involved into the forum and other windows live activities using my this hotmail email address. So in an effort of just sticking to it, I just wanted to know is there really any option of auto-forwarding (as soon as they arrive) my hotmail emails to any other email address?

Thanks!! MCP
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 5:56 PM
  • Sorry, I'm not sure if the functionality exists in hotmail to auto-forward your alert emails.  There may be a forum here that specifically caters to hotmail functionality, but your best bet for now would probably be to look for a helpdesk email address or FAQ from your live profile page.  Thanks!
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 8:51 PM
  • Thanks Jason!
    Thanks!! MCP
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 12:59 PM