Some compatibility modes missing for certain exe's ?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I found that I can get the Xerox Phaser 5500 postscript driver not to crash in Vista x64 by flagging x2jobtAO.exe to use Windows 2003 Server Sp1 compatibility mode.  However in Windows 7 x64 I can't do that but I can for other executables.  Only Windows Server 2008 Sp1, Vista gold, Sp1, Sp2 modes are available.  Is there a way to get back Windows 95, 98/ME, XP, 2003 modes???

Thursday, July 22, 2010 10:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I would like to suggest you perform the following steps to troubleshoot this issue.

1.    Navigate to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers].

2.    Create a new String Value in the right pane, and name it with the full path of the program’s exe file.

3.    Modify the full path of the program’s exe file with the following Compatibility Mode Date value.

Windows 95 Mode  WIN95

Windows 98 / Windows Me Mode  WIN98

Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 5) Mode  NT4SP5

Windows 2000  WIN2000

Windows XP (Service Pack 2) Mode  WINXPSP2

Windows Server 2003 (Service Pack 1)  WINSRV03SP1

Does it work?

Regards,

Arthur Li

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, July 23, 2010 3:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I would like to suggest you perform the following steps to troubleshoot this issue.

1.    Navigate to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers].

2.    Create a new String Value in the right pane, and name it with the full path of the program’s exe file.

3.    Modify the full path of the program’s exe file with the following Compatibility Mode Date value.

Windows 95 Mode  WIN95

Windows 98 / Windows Me Mode  WIN98

Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 5) Mode  NT4SP5

Windows 2000  WIN2000

Windows XP (Service Pack 2) Mode  WINXPSP2

Windows Server 2003 (Service Pack 1)  WINSRV03SP1

Does it work?

Regards,

Arthur Li

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, July 23, 2010 3:05 AM
  • Hi,

I would like to confirm what is the current situation? If there is anything that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know, and I will be happy to help.

Regards,

Arthur Li

Monday, July 26, 2010 1:50 AM
  • Hi,

It has been a while since my previous suggestions was posted and I'm writing to find out if you have had an opportunity to test my suggestions yet. If you need my further assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know, and I will be happy to help.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Arthur Li

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 6:40 AM
  • i can confirme that this is working.

i had the same problem and your solution works great!

old question, but i got here thru google and thought other people who get here might want to know if its working.

thanks alot arthur!

Monday, August 25, 2014 12:04 PM