group policy client and system event notification services help. RRS feed

• Question

• When I log in, most of the time windows will fail to connect to system event notification service. when I start it up in Services it then says it failed to connect the group policies client. any answers.
    Tuesday, November 12, 2013 3:08 AM

Answers

All replies

• Can you repair the computer and check?

Or restore to an earlier point?

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 4:19 AM
  • Hi,

In the command prompt window with elevated privilege, run the command below:

netsh

Winsock reset

And then restart your computer.

Thanks!

Andy Altmann
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 12:18 PM
  • I've tried netsh win sock reset before and it worked for a little bit but went right back to the old way. it switches between these two versions without consistency. I'll turn it on and its always a guess whether or not it'll start with the right version or the bad one.
    Thursday, November 14, 2013 9:19 PM
  • Hi,

To further know your issue, could you tell me what you have done before this issue occurs?

Also please locate to System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond and post this result here.

Besides, here is a link you can refer to, which may help you somewhere.

https://support.soluto.com/entries/20592296-Windows-could-not-connect-to-the-System-Event-Notification-Service-Error

Thanks!

Andy Altmann
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by 暁北 Thursday, November 28, 2013 5:01 PM
    Tuesday, November 19, 2013 5:41 PM