System Control Manager and NVidia Optimus Technology RRS feed

• Question

• Hi every1.Recently I bought myself an MSi FX603(i5-480M,GT425M 1GB DDR3 CUDA, 2x2GB 1033MHZ DDR3 RAM,640GB HDD)  and i was really excited first couple of days...
    But I've noticed that my volume "down" button isn't working and the volume "up" button is working.I've called my supplier and they've told me that it's probably a software problem... with system control manager.So I was wondering if any1 of you know if it's possible to manage with SCM and to assign that button it's purpose...?

And my 2nd question is... is there any way to turn off the integrated Intel graphic card and to run just NVidia GT425M?Cuz my laptop sometimes freezes for 2-3 sec... and it started happening quite often.... Maybe it's not the problem with the optimus technology can you tell me what it is so i can try fixing it..?..

P.S. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 32 bit

Thank you all in advance. 

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP Tuesday, June 14, 2011 3:09 PM Move to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows 7 Miscellaneous)
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 3:04 PM

Answers

• Hi,

For question one:

System Control Manager is MSI software, use FN key to display volume up/down, level of brightness etc. You can try to reinstall SCM for test. Also you can contact MSI manufacturer for further help.

And for question two:

Integrated Intel graphic card and NVidia card can be set in BIOS. Go to BIOS, you may have to look around on the different pages for "Graphics", "video".  You have to select the option that applies to your video card. Usually you have a choice of "integrated", "AGP", or "PCI", your NVidia card should be AGP or PCI, you can find out from the box.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Wednesday, June 22, 2011 3:27 AM
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 3:23 AM