messing with xpro:( RRS feed

• Question

• hi.  i have a problem based on xp pro which was installed/downgraded on the top of vista biz. i have the full license for vista and vista installer but....without boot.wim and etc.

i am waiting for new workstation (w7pro) in about 4-5 weeks. that is the reason i do not want make any investments for w8.

how can i proceed without opening my wallet:) and loosing the rest of my pitiful nerves...?

br. ilkka a.k.a dummy downgrader

Saturday, March 29, 2014 1:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• Ask a friend for install DVD. If you have activation key, you can reinstall your computer.

Or, if you are careful enough, continue using Windows XP for some time.

We have no equipment to cure nerves of readers of this forum unfortunately.

Regards

Milos

Saturday, March 29, 2014 2:08 PM
  • No such thing like vista-dvd is available around:(...thats why i write to this forum....i am trying to do something with MAIK if my competence allows:)

thank you milos:) maybe some day you have equipment also nerve-renevals

br. ilkka

Saturday, March 29, 2014 2:32 PM
  • You mean WAIK or newer package the name of which Windows ADK. I have spend a lot of time with WAIK when I installed tens of computers. It does not pay off to follow this procedure, when you install one computer.

With Vista and WAIK there was an error that is mentioned in Mark Minasi letters several year ago.

WIM file are in Source directory and I do not know any other source of these files, that install DVD. There may be copies of iso files on internet, but be careful, some may be infected.

If your description of problem were better, we could provide more reasonable solution, I hope.

Rgds

Milos

Saturday, March 29, 2014 2:49 PM
  • hi milos.

i meant WAIK because i have software dedicated for vista but after 20 min. orientation....too heavy.

i have activation key and vista installer but without  .wim files. (in a nutshell)

the license is vista biz. OEM for HP dc7700 vPro desktop 2gb ram/500gb hd 1gig.netw. etc.

MS discontinued delivering .wim files for vista some time ago (i was told:)

anyway....easiest way to continue is to get those .wim-files or orig.media.

i have 4 dell laptops+2 xtra media/oem-license for W7 pro but they are dedicated to dell and therefore out of the question.

thanks for your concern:)

br.ilkka

Saturday, March 29, 2014 3:04 PM
  • I would recommend purchasing genuine Windows 7 and performing a "clean install".

Carey Frisch

Saturday, March 29, 2014 4:48 PM
  • thank you carey but no thanks...paying 129 euros for 4-5 weeks does not make any sense for me.

i get my new workstation downgraded to w7 pro in the time mentioned above.

as i mentioned i have 2 xtra oem licenses (genuine w7 pro) but dedicated for dell laptops.

i can live with vista biz for this 4-5 weeks if i can install it.

thx for suggestion:)

br.ilkka

Saturday, March 29, 2014 6:03 PM
  • Try Google with

site:.to vista iso

Saturday, March 29, 2014 9:13 PM
  • Hi and спасибо:)

this exciting option was in my mind but as an instuctor in my job i have certain limitations in actions i make according software and hardware:)

still...i have a product key for vista biz but no proper installation software:(   simply, its very hard to find media for commercially discontinued products (support is still available).

thx for suggestion

br.ilkka

Sunday, March 30, 2014 4:16 AM
  • problem solved. i managed to build iso-disk and i performed a clean install.

löt of thanks for everyone:)

br.ilkka

Sunday, March 30, 2014 8:01 PM