none
Howto expand only one level of a specific summary task in the project schedule RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to know, how to expand only one level of a specific summary task.

When I expand it by clicking on the triangle, all the subtasks are expanded to the same level they were, when the summary task was last collapsed. MS Project seems to remember the expand/collapse-status of each summary task.

In order to obtain a defined picture of the project structure (with subtasks expanded to different levels), I have to open all the levels (with the outline button) and then close the levels manually.

This is far more work than starting from a collapsed structure and then opening only the substructures needed.

(Before MS Project, we had a system, that let you expand a summary task by one level at a click, and by all levels at a double click. This is much more comfortable)  

Since I have to do this very often a day, I wold love to hear from somebody, having a solution to this.

Thanks in advance.

Friday, December 1, 2017 3:29 PM

Answers

• TrickyDickyL --

I have never found a way to accomplish what you want with Microsoft Project.  As you already stated, the software remembers how subtasks were expanded or collapsed from the last time you did it.  I think it is a limitation with which we live.  Sorry.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by TrickyDickyL Friday, December 1, 2017 4:04 PM
    Friday, December 1, 2017 3:54 PM

All replies