none
Windows 10 skip demo screens RRS feed

• Question

• Hi! MDT 2013 Update 2. Is there any ways to skip demo screens (there 3 screens after installation of OS), like this one?:

Monday, April 4, 2016 5:16 AM

All replies

• Are you in an Active Directory environment, where machines are joined to a domain? I have my task sequence set to join the imaged machine to our domain. When imaging is complete, I log off and then am presented with a log on dialog box for our domain. When a user logs on they aren't presented with these demo screens.
    Monday, April 4, 2016 12:30 PM
  • Yes, almost all machines are in the AD. But a demo screens (banners or disclaimers, i dont know how it's named) happens only one time after deploy of OS (wherever from WDS or manually). Not a problem to push 3 times, but when a deploy become mass, it's important.

• Edited by Net Ranger Monday, April 4, 2016 1:02 PM
    Monday, April 4, 2016 1:00 PM
  • You must be talking about the OOBE (Out of Box Experience). You can set that in the unattend.xml

<OOBE>
         <HideEULAPage>true</HideEULAPage>
         <NetworkLocation>Work</NetworkLocation>
         <ProtectYourPC>1</ProtectYourPC>
         <HideLocalAccountScreen>true</HideLocalAccountScreen>
         <HideOnlineAccountScreens>true</HideOnlineAccountScreens>
         <HideWirelessSetupInOOBE>true</HideWirelessSetupInOOBE>
    </OOBE>

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Monday, April 4, 2016 1:24 PM
  • Already was in unattend.xml.
    Tuesday, April 5, 2016 5:07 AM
  • By default you shouldn't see those screens because MDT is designed to automate the OS being applied, auto logging in and apps/updates/etc. being installed.

The image you captured, did you sysprep it?

Verify your steps for creating and capturing an image. http://deploymentresearch.com/Research/Post/496/Building-a-Windows-10-Reference-Image-using-MDT-2013-Update-1

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 1:19 PM
  • Seems like it's happens only with some devices (have installed captured OS image on the bare-metal PC and no any from those windows). Gonna check it tomorrow and then will post here a results.
    Tuesday, April 5, 2016 1:40 PM
  • I'm having the same problem, these 3 screens coming up during a build.

The image was sysprepped and unattend.txt is set.

Any ideas?

Friday, April 8, 2016 9:29 AM
  • Hi,

In my case, I'd created the task sequence in deployment workbench with Windows 8.1 as the OS and then changed it to Windows 10.

Deleting this and re-creating it with Windows 10 as the OS initially appears to have fixed the problem.

Hope this helps someone!

Friday, April 8, 2016 11:57 AM