How do I gain access to my computer when it will not recognize my password? RRS feed

• Question

• I am not able to access my computer beyond turning it on!  Help!!!  I have Vista, but I do not know what version.  I do get all the upgrades and packages installed.

My husband got a second computer and I decided to rename the first computer to make it my machine.  Foolishly, I tried to create a new password for my computer as I did not know what password had been given to the computer when Dell set it up.  I thought I had entered my most secure password and gave myself a memory hook but now I cannot get the computer to work.

It had not required a password to get to the desktop and I did not realize that this password was to totally allow any access - period.  How do I find what the actual password is as oppossed to the one I think it should be?  I am so frustrated.  I have tried a bunch of variations, but nothing has worked.

I am writing this on my husbands computer, but I am paying for itunes and other things that I cannot access on any computer but my own.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 11:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This artical have more detailed methods that may help you.

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, January 14, 2011 10:33 AM