Dynamic Distribution Group - Upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are in progress of Migrating of our existing Exchange server from 2007 to 2013. Hence we do have both servers on production as coexist (exchange 2007 & exchange 2013) until exchange server migration get complete..

I'm receiving the following error when i am trying to do any updates/changes/modify in a"Dynamic Distribution Group" in exchange 2013. Where as i can able to make any changes/modify in exchange 2007.

Error Screen Shot :

Error Message :

Warning : To save changes on object "All Users", the object must be upgraded to the current exchange version. After the upgrade, this object cannot be managed by an earlier version of the Exchange Management Tools. Do you want to continue to upgrade and save the object ?

I would like to know, do i need to upgrade the "Dynamic Distribution Group" version in order to support by exchange 2013 ? If so please let me know the process to upgrade the Dynamic Distribution Group and command line to upgrade. Fyi : I have already upgraded the other Distribution Group(DL) except  Dynamic Distribution Group.

Thanks

Friday, July 8, 2016 6:05 PM

Answers

• What upgrading the object means is that you will no longer be able to manage it using the Exchange 2007 tools.  I recommend you go ahead and upgrade it.

If you want to upgrade 'em all, enter this command:

Get-DynamicDistributionGroup -ResultSize Unlimited | Set-DynamicDistributionGroup -ForceUpgrade
    You'll want to do the same thing at some point with distribution groups, mail users and mail contacts as well.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

• Proposed as answer by Lynn-Li Monday, July 11, 2016 7:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lynn-Li Monday, July 25, 2016 1:53 AM
    Saturday, July 9, 2016 2:20 AM

All replies

• What upgrading the object means is that you will no longer be able to manage it using the Exchange 2007 tools.  I recommend you go ahead and upgrade it.

If you want to upgrade 'em all, enter this command:

Get-DynamicDistributionGroup -ResultSize Unlimited | Set-DynamicDistributionGroup -ForceUpgrade
    You'll want to do the same thing at some point with distribution groups, mail users and mail contacts as well.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

• Proposed as answer by Lynn-Li Monday, July 11, 2016 7:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lynn-Li Monday, July 25, 2016 1:53 AM
    Saturday, July 9, 2016 2:20 AM
  • Hi,

I tried with the command which was mentioned. But i got the below error message. Still the version remains same ExchangeVersion : 0.1 (8.0.535.0)

Thanks

Monday, July 11, 2016 3:17 PM
  • This is means its already upgraded.  

sachin hodge

Monday, July 11, 2016 4:58 PM
  • No.  Not able to any modification on "Dynamic Distribution Group" in exchange 2013. But i can do all changes in Exchange 2007.

Thanks

Monday, July 11, 2016 5:02 PM