none
Software Restriction Policy and Volume Control

Question

• Hello, i am trying to set up a software restriction policy through group policy on Windows Server 2016 so that people using our public access computers can only access programs that we allow them to. the only problem i am running into is people can not adjust the sound volume. when the software restriction policy is active and you left click on the volume icon in the system tray nothing happens. how do i allow them to access the main volume control that pops up when you left click. all the client computers are running windows 10 pro.
    Sunday, February 5, 2017 9:08 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    As far as I know, the sound volume is controlled by sndvol32.exe, and this sounds like that it is due to the programs which you defined in the Software Restriction Policy. Please check if it is restricted by the policy.
    Best Regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, February 6, 2017 6:32 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved? If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, February 10, 2017 8:27 AM