Is it possible to switch from one version of IE 11 to another version of IE11 RRS feed

• Question

• I need to do browser testing of my application on multiple <g class="gr_ gr_38 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del" data-gr-id="38" id="38">sub versions</g> of IE 11. 

Is it possible to switch between 1 minor version of IE11 to another minor version of <g class="gr_ gr_106 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation multiReplace" data-gr-id="106" id="106">IE11.</g>

Note: This is not about switching between major versions of IE ( Like IE11 to IE10)

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 9:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

f12>Emulation tab

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions

Rob^_^

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn743687(v=vs.85).aspx IE11 Emulation tab.
    Tuesday, April 17, 2018 9:05 PM
  • I need to do browser testing of my application on multiple sub versions of IE 11. 

Is it possible to switch between 1 minor version of IE11 to another minor version of IE11.

Note: This is not about switching between major versions of IE ( Like IE11 to IE10)

I guess you mean the 'sub versions' based upon the minor version number of iexplore.exe, etc?

AFAIK these minor version numbers change when patches are applied, so, rolling forwards or backwards would require you to install / uninstall patches. IE patches are part of the Cumulative Update for Windows, depending upon your Windows version (Win7 or Win8 or Win10 etc).

Don [doesn't work for MSFT, and they're probably glad about that ;]

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 9:23 PM