none
2007: Can't clear server settings for Alerts and Reminders RRS feed

• Question

• On our test server I want to disable email notifications for obvious reasons, but it won't let me clear them out!  When I go to Alerts and Reminders and clear out the SMTP server, port, etc. then hit Save, I get a dialog that says "To enable email notification...If you do not enter a server name...etc.", click OK and then am brought back to the Server Settings page.  When I go back into Alerts and Reminders, the old settings are still there.

I can set it to something bogus to disable the emails but then get failed notification/reminder jobs in the queue with every publish and every evening run of the reminder job.

Terrie T - MCTS - PMP - MBA****PMO & Project Server Admin
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 2:43 PM

Answers

• *sigh*  The key is *ONLY* clearing the SMTP server field.  The Port and From address fields do not allow NULL values, which I discovered when deciding to just update the fields in the database to get around this.
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 6:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Terrie, I haven't seen that specific error.  The other option is to remove the email address from each resource, very easy to do if you open the enterprise resource pool in MS Project.
    Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 3:05 PM
  • *sigh*  The key is *ONLY* clearing the SMTP server field.  The Port and From address fields do not allow NULL values, which I discovered when deciding to just update the fields in the database to get around this.
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 6:42 PM