How to Sequence Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 ultimate? RRS feed

• Question

• I need to sequence Microsoft visual studio 2012 ultimate using Microsoft sequencer 4.6 SP1 for Windows 7 SP1.

Please help me with steps to successfully sequence this application.

Here below is the link which I've gone through. But, it shows with sequencer SP2 or later.

Does that mean it's not supported with SP1?

If possible help me with the package accelerator.

Thanks in advance.

• Moved by Aaron.ParkerModerator Friday, March 1, 2013 2:58 PM Please do not post questions in the Sequencing Recipe forum
    Friday, March 1, 2013 11:30 AM

Answers

• Install the SP2 sequencer and give it a go. What issues have you encountered?

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

• Proposed as answer by znack Monday, March 4, 2013 10:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Wednesday, August 7, 2013 9:49 PM
    Friday, March 1, 2013 2:50 PM

All replies

• Install the SP2 sequencer and give it a go. What issues have you encountered?

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

• Proposed as answer by znack Monday, March 4, 2013 10:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Wednesday, August 7, 2013 9:49 PM
    Friday, March 1, 2013 2:50 PM
  • Hi Aaron,

I started working working on Visual Studio 2012 application.

Here below is the link that i was following,

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/prescriptiveguidance/thread/7e93e525-31ed-43fc-8415-88a12766d2c2

In that it is mentioned to sequence using sequencer 4.6 sp2. But, I'm doing this with 4.6 sp1. Will that be a problem?

The link above doesn't have any information regarding to the driver in this application.

But, in the installation report it shows that this has a kernel driver.

What are the issue that I'll face if I sequence this application?

and finally one more question regarding to App-v 5.0,

In 4.6 we will be able to edit FTA's and HREF and so many things in OSD. But, app-v 5.0 do not have osd, right?

So, could you please let me know how to do all these in app-v 5.0?

Thanks in advance.

Monday, March 4, 2013 11:43 AM
  • Hello,

If the recipe says App-V 4.6 SP2 - it is most likely not supported. This does not necessarily mean there are any issues - it does mean you will have to find out on your own at the moment.

Is the driver necessary for anything? Is that related to one of the components the recipe states you should deselect?

We don't know of any issues you will face if you sequence this application. If you know of anything - it would be great to share those.

Editing of Shortcuts /FTAs are stated below;

http://blogs.technet.com/b/appv/archive/2012/06/21/introducing-the-app-v-5-0-beta-sequencer-what-has-changed-since-4-6-sp1.aspx

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Monday, March 4, 2013 12:01 PM
  • I've sequenced the application. But, when I launch the application it shows an error stating that there is not enough space in the application virtualization cache.

Please let me know how to resolve this?

Monday, March 4, 2013 12:33 PM
  • Thank You, Znack.

I'm still working on this application by following the steps provided in the recepie.

I didn't found anything related to driver to deselect. Could you please let me know where it is mentioned.

Monday, March 4, 2013 1:48 PM
  • Hello,

See these topics regarding cache-space;

http://rorymon.com/blog/index.php/app-v-client-cache-settings/

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/appvclients/thread/7dde3e0e-bfad-4cfb-a5ca-fdc107d6df85

I don't know if the driver relates to something specific - it was a question for you, if you knew.

Monday, March 4, 2013 2:55 PM
  • Hi Znack,

I used cache resizer tool to get rid of this.

But, could you please let me know why SQL Server data tools” and “Sharepoint developer tools”  components are not supported for sequencing.

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 5:58 AM
  • Hello,

Most likely they have issues while virtualized, the author of the recipe most likely know more.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 8:46 AM