ISA Server functionality - For MOSS 2007 Site on Mobile Device RRS feed

• Question

• We have ISA server to authenticate a extended SharePoint 2007 Web Application. The problem is that the ISA login screen appears after the session is timed out. Do ISA server support “remember me” functionality? If yes then how to configure it.

Regards

Paddy

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 4:02 AM

Answers

• Hi Paddy,

actually it is possible, but not recommend for do that.

you may check this example article: http://faraz-khan.blogspot.in/2012/01/remember-password-with-isa-server.html

you may consider the future issue if you do this, for example, if the user password is expired, then the password need to be changed. after the changes you may have the challenges if this process are not run in your favor.

i suggest that if possible you try at your development stage first, and see what is the out come.

Regards,
    Aries
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, July 4, 2013 3:00 AM
  • Hi Paddy,

i have a bit of concern for mobile device, perhaps it may limitation from the device itself, for example, ipad may not compatible with the SSL login, so if you want to have the auto login, seems it may not be possible.

but i am not quite sure as havent try to do this yet, the workaround is by OWA feature, basically what we need to do is to save the password to the OWA server, and when user needs it, they took it from the OWA.

here is a discussion board regarding this:

http://forums.isaserver.org/m_2002062022/printable.htm

Regards,
    Aries

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Thursday, July 11, 2013 10:14 AM
    Friday, July 5, 2013 5:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for your post.

I'm trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
    Emir Liu
    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Emir Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, July 4, 2013 2:49 AM
  • Hi Paddy,

actually it is possible, but not recommend for do that.

you may check this example article: http://faraz-khan.blogspot.in/2012/01/remember-password-with-isa-server.html

you may consider the future issue if you do this, for example, if the user password is expired, then the password need to be changed. after the changes you may have the challenges if this process are not run in your favor.

i suggest that if possible you try at your development stage first, and see what is the out come.

Regards,
    Aries

Thursday, July 4, 2013 3:00 AM
  • Thanks for the response.

We are trying this for mobile users where in they dont have to put userid and password everytime they open the mobile version of the site.

One way we are thinking is to create an App for each platform (Andriod, iOS, windows) and in the setting of this app allow user to add (save) the userid and password. Then make the app to open the native browser of the phone and invoke to open the url of ISA login page with these credential and then allow ISA to redirect it to the the SharePoint site. Also increase the ISA server session timeout to a bigger number.

I am wondering if doing this redirection would be possible via a mobile app.

Regards

Paddy

Thursday, July 4, 2013 12:05 PM
  • Hi Paddy,

i have a bit of concern for mobile device, perhaps it may limitation from the device itself, for example, ipad may not compatible with the SSL login, so if you want to have the auto login, seems it may not be possible.

but i am not quite sure as havent try to do this yet, the workaround is by OWA feature, basically what we need to do is to save the password to the OWA server, and when user needs it, they took it from the OWA.

here is a discussion board regarding this:

http://forums.isaserver.org/m_2002062022/printable.htm

Regards,
    Aries

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Thursday, July 11, 2013 10:14 AM
    Friday, July 5, 2013 5:54 AM