Error while Installing Hyper -v Windows 2012 r2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

we are using a dell power edge server r630 on which windows 2012 r2 is installed, when it try to install Hyper - V from add roles in server manager i am getting the following error  : the service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it Error : 0x80070422.

I have checked Hyper -V services , they are not disabled , start up is automatic, even virtualization  is on in the Bios. we are on static Ip, no domain. 

Kindly provide a solution 

Thursday, February 1, 2018 2:11 PM

All replies

• I'd work through this one

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/os-applications/w/wiki/3921.enabling-sr-iov-technology-on-delltm-poweredgetm-servers

then clean install it, patch it fully and try again.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, February 1, 2018 2:50 PM
  • Hi ,

Does the hardware meet the pre-requisites?

Please check the event log to see if there are something related for us to troubleshooting.

Run sfc /scannow to repair system files.

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 2, 2018 6:38 AM
  • Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply , i followed the same instructions in the above mentioned Link, which is already done previously , but still no luck. I checked if there is any malware and did through out scan , nothing found.

i even tried using power shell in administrative mode , but still no luck 

Friday, February 2, 2018 7:23 AM
  • the service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it Error : 0x80070422.

What else is in the system event log?

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Friday, February 2, 2018 2:08 PM
  • Hi Candy ,

The hardware meets the specifications, i am attaching the details of the server.

When i try to run sfc , i am getting the following error. 

Windows protection could not start the repair service.

The server specifications are : Intel xeon cpu 2670 v3 @ 2.30 GHZ 

RAM : 192 GB : 64 Bit processor 

OS win 2012 r2 stranded

Thank you  

Monday, February 5, 2018 6:29 AM
  • Hi ,

Please try to create a new local admin user and login with new account to rule out profile corruption.

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 8:37 AM
  • Hi Candy,

Did the above , but no luck.   i found some old logs in the event viewer --> Windows --> Setup -->

Initiating changes to turn off update Microsoft-Hyper-V-Offline of package Microsoft-Hyper-V-ServerEdition-Package. Client id: DISM Package Manager Provider.

Initiating changes to turn off update Microsoft-Hyper-V-Online of package Microsoft-Hyper-V-ServerEdition-Package. Client id: DISM Package Manager Provider.

Initiating changes to turn off update Microsoft-Hyper-V-Management-PowerShell of package Microsoft-Hyper-V-ServerEdition-Package. Client id: DISM Package Manager Provider.

Initiating changes to turn off update Microsoft-Hyper-V-Management-Clients of package Microsoft-Hyper-V-ServerEdition-Package. Client id: DISM Package Manager Provider.

Initiating changes to turn off update RSAT-Hyper-V-Tools-Feature of package Microsoft-Hyper-V-ServerEdition-Package. Client id: DISM Package Manager Provider.

Initiating changes to turn off update VmHostAgent of package VmHostAgent. Client id: DISM Package Manager Provider.

Thank you kindly check and update on the same 

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 9:04 AM