none
Problem with the query that this web part is issuing RRS feed

• Question

• hi all,

I am facing a problem in sharepoint 2010.

i created a list (clients) that includes fields :Titles,Notes,emails. In the field notes, each user can add notes to a given client.

Thus, what we are trying to do, is that we need to add a link ( view all notes ) in each row next to each item. so this link will redirect us to a page that will list all the notes history of this given client. thus, this link should be appended with the clientID.

We have tried the content Query web part but it displayed an error :

"There is a problem with the query that this webpart is issuing. Check the configuration of this webpart and try again."

the query i used includes "pagequerystring" to get the clientID, but I have no clue from where i can get the parameter name.  

I am new in Sharepoint development.

Would you please help me.

Thanks in Advance !

Waiting your feedback!  

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 10:26 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi, 

Please try to use concat to append your Client ID with the url. Please look at the below code snippet.

<xsl:variable name="UrlWithClientID">
          <xsl:call-template name="OuterTemplate.GetSafeLink">
            <xsl:with-param name="UrlColumnName" select="'LinkUrl'"/>
          </xsl:call-template>
          <xsl:value-of select="concat('?ClientID=@ClientID')" />

</xsl:variable>

Sekar - Our life is short, so help others to grow

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 11:01 AM
  • Hi, 

Thank you for your reply! 

We will sure try this but before, we are facing this error in the web part content query :

"There is a problem with the query that this webpart is issuing. Check the configuration of this webpart and try again."

Do you have any clue about it?? 

Replies are really appreciated! 

Thank you in advance! 

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 1:13 PM
  • Hi,

There have some similar blogs may help you:

http://www.martinhatch.com/2010/05/sp2010-rtm-bug-found-in-cqwp.html

http://www.glynblogs.com/2010/05/cqwp-pagequerystring-filter-bug.html

For your scenario, if you want to append the history of the notes, I think you can add a SharePoint “AppendOnlyHistory” control in the XSLT view: locate the Notes column in the Split view>delete the default code <Xsl:vaule-of ……/>in code view>add “AppendOnlyHistory” control, the code are like this: <SharePoint:AppendOnlyHistory runat="server" ItemId="{@ID}" FieldName="notes" ControlMode="Display"/>

For more information, you can refer to: http://nileshmandekar.blogspot.com/2011/01/sharepoint-2010-version-history-for.html

Xue-mei Chang

TechNet Community Support

Friday, November 9, 2012 8:51 AM