What is the ill effect to turn disable 'interactive service dialog detection'? RRS feed

• Question

• I need to turn off and disable 'interactive service dialog detection' to prevent windows 7 locking up at 'Please wait...' for hours! My concern is if there is any ill effect if I am doing so, and if there's a way to disable it with domain GPO, thanks.

Thang Mo

Friday, June 28, 2013 3:14 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Here’s a guide on how to disable Interactive Services Detection Pop-ups in Windows 7:

1. Go to Start – Type in services.msc inside the Windows Search box then press enter.

2. Under Services window, scroll down until you find Interactive Services Detection. Right click it then go to Properties.

3. Under General tab, choose Disabled from the Startup type options.

4. Click Apply and then OK. Reboot your PC.

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, July 8, 2013 8:45 AM
    Tuesday, July 2, 2013 10:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Here’s a guide on how to disable Interactive Services Detection Pop-ups in Windows 7:

1. Go to Start – Type in services.msc inside the Windows Search box then press enter.

2. Under Services window, scroll down until you find Interactive Services Detection. Right click it then go to Properties.

3. Under General tab, choose Disabled from the Startup type options.

4. Click Apply and then OK. Reboot your PC.

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, July 8, 2013 8:45 AM
    Tuesday, July 2, 2013 10:20 AM
  • I am sorry but you did not answer my questions, I know how to turn it off in services. My questions are 1) if any ill effect to turn it off, and 2) in GPO, thanks.

Thang Mo

Monday, July 8, 2013 3:50 PM
  • So whats the effect when interactive service detection is disabled?? I 'm interested on this post aswell

Ty

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 9:06 PM
  • I want to know that as well. When I did my test rollout of Java7 U65 with SCCM, Interactive service detection window came up on one of the client computers.
    Re your second question, yes, Windows services can be defined in GPO.
    In GPO computer configuration \ Policies \ Windows Settings \ System Services

• Edited by XiaoShui Thursday, July 24, 2014 1:51 AM
    Thursday, July 24, 2014 1:50 AM