0x87d20417 ADR Fails SCCM 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

Created new ADR for the deployment of flash player updates. But the ADR is failing by giving an error " 0x87d20417 ADR Download Failed. Only able to see the folders in the deployment source folder. (No cabinet files are available)

Below is the error in the ruleengine.log file. 

"Failed to download the update from internet. Error = 503 SMS_RULE_ENGINE 17/01/2019 05:48:18 5144 (0x1418)                                                                     Failed to download ContentID 146758 for UpdateID 255503. Error code = 503 SMS_RULE_ENGINE 17/01/2019 05:48:18 5144 (0x1418)"

There are no issues for manual download. 

Thursday, January 17, 2019 6:14 AM

Answers

• Hi 

In my case, pointed the source as "WSUSCONTENT" folder of the WSUS Server instead of "Download from Internet" option. Published the update as 'full content' also. It's running fine now.

Don't have the confidence to touch on the proxy settings as the other ADRs from Microsoft is running fine.

REGARDS
    SHIJIN M

Sunday, January 20, 2019 5:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The error code indicates that service not available, any proxy server involved?

when the ADR runs it runs in System context on the site server and when you download it manually you do it using the account you are logged in with. It could also be a temporary issue on the MS side.  

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My Enterprise Mobility blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Thursday, January 17, 2019 7:05 AM
  • Hi Jorgen,

Thanks!!

I also suspect this as a "proxy" issue. Below is the snap of the SUP. pls. let me know where we need to do the ADR proxy configurations.

REGARDS

SHIJIN M

Thursday, January 17, 2019 9:03 AM
  • Hi,

If you set the proxy on the Site System Properties, the setting will be available on SUP. To configure the ADR proxy settings, please select the server in question and in the Site System Roles part of the console on the bottom, right-click on 'Site System' and select Properties. Here on the Proxy tab is where you should configure the Proxy settings. As shown below:

For more detailed information, please refer to the following article:

Proxy Server Settings of Software Updates in Configuration Manager

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/system-center/system-center-2012-R2/gg712312(v=technet.10)#proxy-server-settings

Hope my answer can help you. Thanks for your time. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Simon Ren

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 17, 2019 11:47 AM
  • Hi 

In my case, pointed the source as "WSUSCONTENT" folder of the WSUS Server instead of "Download from Internet" option. Published the update as 'full content' also. It's running fine now.

Don't have the confidence to touch on the proxy settings as the other ADRs from Microsoft is running fine.

REGARDS
    SHIJIN M

Sunday, January 20, 2019 5:00 PM