none
Downgrade to IE10 in windows server 2012R2 RRS feed

• Question

• How to downgrade to IE10 in windows server 2012R2.

My web application has issue to use IE11 in native machines [e.g. Russian and other six languages]. the same time it is working very well in IE11 in EN OS. seems some issue is in IE 11 native builds.

How to deal with IE issue in windows server 2012R2? any upgrade or patch available on any issue on native machines till now ?

Thursday, July 9, 2015 2:46 AM

Answers

• Hi R...S,

Based on my knowledge, the Internet Explorer 11 is preinstalled in Windows Server 12 R2.

I am afraid it is not available to downgrade it to Internet Explorer 10.

What is the error message you have got? Is the Internet Explorer 11 up to date(version 11.0.9600.17842)?

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 10, 2015 6:21 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I have no problems with Russian and IE11....(have you downloaded and installed the full language pack? it includes the OS UI resources.)
    Server versions of windows use Enhanced Protected Mode which has higher security restrictions than IE versions running on client versions of windows.

Not many internet users will be using Server versions of windows to browse the web. Consider developing and testing your web applications on a client version of windows.

You can find virtualization and emulation options for developing interoperable web sites and applications at http://modern.ie

There are no IE10 distributables with which you can downgrade as it has been superseded by v11.

If you can give more details about the issues you are experiencing there may be a simple fix. 
    I highly recommend that you fist test your web app on a client version of windows and IE11 and use the Developer tool to emulate legacy versions of IE that you wish to support. (You can attach screen shots in these forums).

Probably your web page markup does not have a content-type meta, or you are using third-party fonts or you have a language meta (use content meta utf-8 instead ... place a lang attribute on html tag for your pages or use the MS Translator widget).... Internet Options>General tab, Accessibility, check "Ignore font styles specified on web pages".

Pass your markup through the W3C validators... validator.w3.org/nu they can pick up incorrect use of the language meta as well as other markup/conformance errors.

Post questions about html, css and scripting for web site development to http://stackoverflow.com. If possible include with your questions a link to your website or a mashup (jsfiddle).

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Thursday, July 9, 2015 3:38 AM
  • Thanks for your reply...

somehow i can be sure that issue is with native machine IE11 build [IE Build number 11.0.3] 

Chrome, Firefox IE11 in English machine [IE11 build number 11.0.16] works very well in my case

error to attach snapshot... 

Friday, July 10, 2015 2:44 AM
  • Hi R...S,

Based on my knowledge, the Internet Explorer 11 is preinstalled in Windows Server 12 R2.

I am afraid it is not available to downgrade it to Internet Explorer 10.

What is the error message you have got? Is the Internet Explorer 11 up to date(version 11.0.9600.17842)?

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 10, 2015 6:21 AM