none
SharePoint 2010 crawl fails when identity impersonate=false

Question

• My requirement is for the users to see all results on the search results page irrespective of whether they have permissions on it. Basically, prevent Security Trimming! When I set identity impersonate=false in the respective web application's web.config, I achieve, what I want to, but I get the following error in the search crawl, when the crawl starts next time. 

I am unable to find any guiding ULS log entry or event viewer entry. What could be the issue?

Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM Component. (Error from SharePoint Site: cannot complete this action. Please try again.)

How do I get my Search Crawl working with the identity impersonate is set to false. 

I have already tried the following:

1.  I am running a SharePoint Standalone installation, so enabled TCP/IP to SQL Server SharePoint instance, which was not enabled before

2. I created a new Crawler Rule, where I included this site and enabled "Crawl as HTTP Content" option - in this option, yes, I get all results, but only HTML results and not documents :(

3. Running the Content Access Account as Administrator - which is added as a sysadmin in the SQL Server instance

None of the above seems to be working! - Any help / direction on resolving this would be very helpful!

Karthick
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, May 6, 2011 12:27 PM Posted when I was on holiday. It should have been moved long ago to a SP 2010 forum (From:SharePoint - Search (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Saturday, August 14, 2010 4:59 AM

All replies