none
Weekend Timesheets getting approved RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We are using SEM. Also the resource books actual hours everyday. For one case I have seen that a resource has submitted his timesheet and also the timesheet has been approved. Both the Status Manager and the resource are located at a remote site where the no. of working days/week is 6 (Monday-Saturday). In Manage timesheet the status shows as "Submitted" for all the days except for the timesheets on Saturdays which shows "Approved". (There are no Line Approvals pending) 

Regards,

Amit Wairkar

Friday, July 20, 2012 12:12 PM

All replies

• Amit,

I am not sure I understand your scenario? What do you mean by having Timesheet for Monday-Friday showing submitted, and Saturday getting approved?

Generally Timesheet periods are defined as weeks/fortnights/months. Does your orgamnization define timesheet periods differently?

A screenshot would help.

Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Friday, July 20, 2012 1:41 PM
  • Prasanna,

We report hours on daily basis in the timesheets. We have defined the reporting period for everyday.

I have also attached a screenshot for the same.

There was one more observation that the Project is using 5 days/week calendar and also when there is a holiday, the Timesheet status shows as Approved. In the screenshot, I have marked 1st May, which had a holiday in our calendar.

Monday, July 23, 2012 7:03 AM
  • Hi Amit,  Having daily time periods is not very usual, and will give you a big overhead in terms of work for the approvers.  I think the reason you are seeing the Approved lines is that these are for non working days - so nothing need approval (and the system generated approval note shows this).  Are your timesheet managers and status managers seeing the submitted lines and timesheets for approval - or is your problem that they are not?  It isn't clear from your post if the Approved is the issue - or the submitted - but I'd certainly reconsider your time reporting periods.

Best regards,

Brian.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

• Proposed as answer by Aalap Shah Thursday, November 7, 2013 12:23 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Aalap Shah Thursday, November 7, 2013 12:23 PM
    Monday, July 23, 2012 8:45 PM
    Owner
  • Hey Brian,

We track our projects daily thats why we have daily reporting also we would like the Managers to take the pain for approving the tasks :D.

Our Managers have approved the resource's tasks. The Timesheet cube is also showing as the tasks on those day as Approved. The timesheet should have the status as Approved but it is showing Submitted. There are NO line Approvals pending in that particular timesheet.

What should I do to make those timesheets i.e. Mon-Fri as Approved?

Cheers, Amit Wairkar

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 5:05 AM