none
PowerShell script to enable MS Access on a remote domain computer where user is non-admin? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All!

One of the most simple tasks is adding or removing features from the Office suite via the Control Panel. However, in order to do so, you need to have admin rights to make changes to the program. I do a lot of remoting into computers within the domain, and then have to login as myself (admin) in order to accomplish adding Access to the Office suite. I was wondering if there is a way I can utilize a PowerShell script that I can run remotely from my computer that will enable Access silently without user interaction or a restart? Since enabling Access via control panel doesn't require a restart, and wouldn't require a logoff/logon if the user had admin rights, I figured someone brighter than me might have an idea.

I've searched around forums and other internet resources to no avail. I was thinking it might be simple like how you can use WMIC in CMD to call program installs/uninstalls on remote machines. Unfortunately, I'm unable to find any information that leads me in the right direction. The domain machines are managed fully via SCCM.

Any thoughts on the subject would be greatly appreciated! Maybe one have you have figured out a solution in your combined vast experience for this, possibly not even a PowerShell script solution either.

Thanks!

Evan

Monday, April 24, 2017 10:19 PM

Answers

All replies