Windows 7 'Other user' logon icon RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

It was working fine until yesterday. But from tonigh I got this problem. I googled for more than 8 hours.But no luck

My Problem is :

When I start my Laptop (DELL Latitude E5410), it starts and prompts me a 'Other Users' log on icon with an empty image.

case 1: If I give my username and password it is logging (guest account also works fine) in successfully. I have only two accounts (Guest and user1).

case 2: If I 'Cancel' the screen and it asks me to press Ctrl+Atl+Del. When I press Ctrl+Alt+Del it takes me to the log on icons of the users.

I click the icons and logging on successfully. But this makes me irritating and I want directly to list the users log on icons in my welcome screen instead of 'Other User' icon.

I searched through all the forums but nothing helped me .

Can anyone /microsfot please help me now?  I want back the log on icons.

Thanks a million in advance

| Selva |
    Friday, January 21, 2011 7:37 AM

All replies

• Hi,

From your description, I notice your another similar thread is ongoing.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproinstall/thread/ab78b60c-fa45-48bf-bca5-d93ee1b39530

Since the community member has provided helpful suggestions, in order to avoid confusion, I suggest we focus on the original thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 1:15 AM