DVD Drive not functioning RRS feed

• Question

• I had a virus, so I reformatted my had drive.  I restored from Norton, then reinstalled all my programs and what nots from disks.  Somehow I lost the Toshiba HD DVD RW drive.  The regular CD/DVD drive that installs automatically does not work when I try to use Toshiba HD DVD drive, I get this message, "The specified drive cannot be located.  Check the setting by going to Settings->Action settings->Source, or otherwise check that the drive has been properly connected to the PC."
    Monday, November 22, 2010 1:36 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You may reinstall the driver via the following steps:

Uninstall and reinstall the drivers

------------------------------------------

You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps.

1. Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager.  

If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2. In Device Manager, click the Driver tab, and then click uninstall Driver and follow the instructions.

Check the link to manually re-install the drivers

Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

Alternatively, go to the device manufacturer’s website and download the drivers manually.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Monday, November 29, 2010 2:48 AM
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 8:41 AM