none
PS2010 Error - SQL Server Does Not Exist or Access Denied RRS feed

• Question

• When clicking on Template reports in Business Intelligence that run against the RDB (e.g. ProjectaandTasks) I get a "[DBNET LIB][ConnectionOpen Connect()).] SQL Server does not exist or access denied]" error. This problem only exists on the template RDB reports, not the OLAP reports. From what I can tell, the problem seems to be the called Data Source in the ODC's for these reports being only the alias instead of servername\alias. However, I can't seem to find any references on how to fix this aside from manually correcting the data source in each ODC individually (concerned a patch or update might wipe out the manual change). Does anyone know if there is a setting somewhere where you can correct the data source for the ODC's for all Template RDB reports? 

Rick Frisby

Thursday, December 6, 2012 6:08 PM

All replies

• Hi Rick,

Execute cliconfg from  run window and add TCP\IP and named pipe protocol.

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, December 6, 2012 7:40 PM
  • Hi Rick,

When you provisioned the PWA site what SQL server name did you use? Was it the actual server name, a SQL alias or a DNS Alias? Is PWA using a named SQL instance or the default SQL instance?

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Thursday, December 6, 2012 10:36 PM
  • Thanks Hrishi. I'll pass this on to my server guy.

Rick Frisby

Friday, December 7, 2012 2:20 PM
  • Hi Paul,

Unfortunately, when we moved from EPM2007 to EPM2010, I was not involved in the provisioning process as EPM2010 is under the control of "corporate." Based on what I am seeing I'm guerssing they used the SQL server alias, bu I'll have the server guy check. Thanks for respoding.

Rick Frisby

Friday, December 7, 2012 2:25 PM