none
Formula to Calculate work + 25% RRS feed

• Question

• I need to add 25% effort (work) to some of the tasks in my schedule. Can someone provide directions on how to accomplish this?  Do I need to use custom text fields or number fields?

Thanks,

CharlieJo

Thursday, May 11, 2017 6:05 PM

All replies

• Hi CharlieJolene,

Use a number field and the following formula to express the work in hours - [Work]*1.25/60

Use a number field and the following formula to express the work in days - [Work]*1.25/[minutes per day]

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book

• Marked as answer by CharlieJolene Thursday, May 11, 2017 7:42 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by CharlieJolene Thursday, May 11, 2017 7:46 PM
    Thursday, May 11, 2017 6:16 PM
  • Thanks for your reply Ben. Is there a way to accomplish this down at the assignment level?
    Thursday, May 11, 2017 7:39 PM
  • CharlieJolene,

If your intent is to simply create an extra field showing work hours plus 25%, then Ben's approach is the best way to go. However, if your intent is to actually increase the Work field by 25% for some tasks, then a custom field won't work, you will need some VBA.

So what do you need? If you do want to increase the Work field and for some reason do not want to do it manually, then what is the criteria (i.e. which tasks get the increase)?

John

Thursday, May 11, 2017 7:41 PM
  • I just saw the Calculation for assignment rows.  Sorry.

Thanks.

Thursday, May 11, 2017 7:42 PM
  • It appears to pull down the task level information. I need this at the assignment level.

Can you help or do I have to pull the data into excel to do this calculation?

Thursday, May 11, 2017 7:46 PM
  • CharlieJolene,

Sorry, you can't do a custom field formula for assignments, you can only roll down the task or resource value.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? As I indicated in my earlier reply, if you want to modify the task or assignment work value, you will either have to do it manually or with VBA.

John

Friday, May 12, 2017 1:54 AM