Self Assigning Team Tasks fail to update RRS feed

• Question

• In our 2010 environment I have only seen this happen just recently and specifically relating to self-assigning team tasks.

When a team task is self-assigned the PM would get an approval update and go to the approval center to approve. Once the update is approved, the PM checks the history as if to publish the change but finds the update is highlighted it in red and the status is error. The error the PM sees is "The update was not applied due to a conflict"

I checked out the ULS log and found the moment this update is approved it pops out this high issue.

PWA:http://<servername>/pwa, ServiceApp:Project Server Service Application, User:<domain>\<username>, PSI: Applying status update failed for project: 707d5eb0-a942-4519-af5d-e5ca64594fdb, assignment: 04ed1adc-5e00-4d16-9991-2db202be6c4b, transaction: c4ac763f-942b-4e96-ae77-df37e12fc117, status: Conflict

At this point I am stumped, I have tried restarting the server, resyncing to AD to get any user corruption gone. I have even created a test project to test this out with a different user and the outcome is always the same.

Thanks,

Matt

Friday, November 19, 2010 8:20 PM

Answers