none
Actuals and Planned Hours Disappeared From Timecard RRS feed

• Question

• User reported to me that her actuals and planned hours for a project task disappeared from her timecard. Also now she cannot reenter time because the cells are greyed out. She reports that the schedule time that she is assigned is still in the Project.

please note that I have noticed that she has a Finish No Earlier Than Constraint on the task.   I suspect this is the reason ...

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

john

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 9:21 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I can reproduce this when doing the following:

1. Using Tasks.asx

• Enter Actuals in Tasks.aspx and save
    • Open project in client, add column Publish and set value to "No" and Publish
    • Afterwards, I can see the task, but hours are lost and cells are locked

2. Using Timesheet.aspx with "Single Entry Mode" enabled

• Enter actuals in timesheet and save
    • Open project in PWA for editing and apply view "Close tasks to Update", set "Locked" to Yes and publish.
    • Hours are still there, but can't be modified any longer.

Since I am not sure, if you are talking about Tasks or Timesheet when describing timecards, I have described both most common reasons for locked cells.

Please check field "Publish" in client and "Locked" in view "Close tasks to Update" in PWA for this project, if one of these applies to your situation.

If I am correct and you revert values (Publish to Yes or Locked to No), user will be able to adjust hours again.

Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Sunday, February 19, 2017 11:46 AM