Unable to install MP RRS feed

• Question

• Unable to install MP if SCCM client installed and also Bgbserver.log file its show the following error  continuously 

ERROR: Invalid message header from client when receive SignIn message. readSize 0 != 14

I tried the following method all methods 

1. First installed MP then installed SCCM client 

result : failed client installation.

2. First install client then MP

result : failed MP installation

In my environment MP and WSUS on the same server. 

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 5:50 AM

Answers

• Problem has been resolved after update the current branch.No idea about the SCCM 2012 R2 CU update isssue.
    Sunday, May 22, 2016 11:00 AM

All replies

• What does sitecomp.log and the MP*.log tell, when you initiate the MP Installation?

Simon Dettling | msitproblog.com | @SimonDettling

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 5:56 AM
  • Hi Simon,

MSsetup.log 

Failed to Install Pre Req CcmSetup. Return Code is 1

CCMsetup.log

File C:\Windows\ccmsetup\configmgr2012ac-sp2r2sp1-kb3074857-x64.msp installation failed. Error text: ExitCode: 1603
    Action: CcmCheckFreeDiskSpace.
    ErrorMessages:
    There is not enough available disk space on  to complete this operation. Installation requires at least 90MB free disk space.

mpMSI.log

MSI (c) (64:A0) [08:58:44:593]: MainEngineThread is returning 3010

Sitecomp.log
    NetLocalGroupDelMembers(XX\XXXXX) failed with (1377)

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 6:35 AM
  • MSI (c) (64:A0) [08:58:44:593]: MainEngineThread is returning 3010

Exit Code 3010 means, that a Reboot is needed to complete the installation. Can you restart the Server on which you are trying to install the MP? After the restart, monitor again the logs.

Also, can you verify that there is enough Disk Space available? (ccmsetup.log)

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 6:38 AM
  • I tried all the possibilities and the server is more than 20 GB of space available on the C drive.
    Wednesday, April 27, 2016 7:39 AM
  • And what do the logs tell after the System Reboot?

Which Parameters are you using for the Client (Push) Installation?

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 7:56 AM
  • Yes I tried . MP was installed without client. no Manual installation using command ccmsetup.exe SMSSITECODE=XXX
    Wednesday, April 27, 2016 8:13 AM
  • Dear Sir,

I did met this issue before (don't know exactly link), the workaround to make it work is using ccmclean.exe (available on SMS 2003 Toolkit and still work for CM Agent 2012) to uninstall CM agent and then install management point, then install CM agent. You can have a try as it does not hurt.

Best regards

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 8:42 AM
  • Hi Frank,

I tried this option also.it failed.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 11:04 AM
  • Problem has been resolved after update the current branch.No idea about the SCCM 2012 R2 CU update isssue.
    Sunday, May 22, 2016 11:00 AM