SIP - Connections Active counter RRS feed

• Question

• We had an alert that the threshold has been reached. The SIP - Connections Active has gone over the threshold limit. So being new to SfB, how can, or what should I be doing to try and resolve this? We have several sites, configured the same. More users in one site that threshold has not been reached that the site that has less users. Each site has their own FE servers
    Thursday, September 1, 2016 3:21 PM

Answers

• Hi Mprisco,

Welcome to our forum.

For troubleshooting this issue, we suggest you post entire alert to us. And check if there are any related errors in application log on front-end, if there, please also post error to us.

In addition, we could try to use monitor report, here it would be User Activity report:
    1. It is for query “who did what activity during certain time period”, the activity here only includes the peer-peer and conference, it’s not equal the connection established between the user/clients and server. 
    2. the report displays up to 1000 records. So even you would like to export it into csv for calculated, it’s not accurate. 
    3. It would not record all kinds of records. 

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg558662.aspx

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know and we will pleasure to help you.

Best Regard

Jim Xu

TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Tuesday, September 13, 2016 12:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by jim-xu Friday, September 16, 2016 8:44 AM
    Saturday, September 3, 2016 8:58 AM

All replies

• Looking deeper, it may ne that the FE pools are not balancing properly. We have 8 FE servers. 4 PC and 4 IM.

Now each should support 6K users each. Approx.

Looking for a script that will show active connections per FE server. I did find one on this site, but am leary running it on prod servers without 1st testing.

Any built in scripts that SfB has that shows active connections by FE server?

This is the site that has Get-CsConnections   http://www.ehloworld.com/269

Thursday, September 1, 2016 4:14 PM
  • I have tried the script and didn't get any issues.

But cannot expect the same from each environment and agree with you.

Get-CsWindowsService -Computer to get the current connections.

- Muralidharan. Please mark as answer/useful if my contribution helps you.

Thursday, September 1, 2016 4:44 PM
  • Hi Mprisco,

Welcome to our forum.

For troubleshooting this issue, we suggest you post entire alert to us. And check if there are any related errors in application log on front-end, if there, please also post error to us.

In addition, we could try to use monitor report, here it would be User Activity report:
    1. It is for query “who did what activity during certain time period”, the activity here only includes the peer-peer and conference, it’s not equal the connection established between the user/clients and server. 
    2. the report displays up to 1000 records. So even you would like to export it into csv for calculated, it’s not accurate. 
    3. It would not record all kinds of records. 

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg558662.aspx

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know and we will pleasure to help you.

Best Regard

Jim Xu

TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Tuesday, September 13, 2016 12:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by jim-xu Friday, September 16, 2016 8:44 AM
    Saturday, September 3, 2016 8:58 AM