Virtual Machine Manager MP generating state entries in all languages RRS feed

• Question

• Hi experts,

I was checking the most noisy monitors and it looks like I have thousands of state changes incoming from the MonitorID ProHostVMMemoryPressureUnitMonitor, with different monitor names - one per language and I have around 15 languages there! I checked the XML of the management pack and they all seem to be embedded there, is there no way of getting rid of all of them other that disabling the whole monitor? I have Japanese, Polish, Hungarian, Portuguese and all of them produce exactly the same number of status changes - thousands per day. Am I missing something or is it just a bad MP design? Anyone else running this management pack could check the situation in their OPsDb with this query?

SELECT DISTINCT TOP 50 count(sce.StateId) as StateChanges,
      m.DisplayName
    as MonitorName,
      m.Name
    as MonitorId,
      mt.typename
    AS TargetClass
    FROM StateChangeEvent sce with (nolock)
    join state s with (nolock) on sce.StateId = s.StateId
    join monitorview m with (nolock) on s.MonitorId = m.Id
    join managedtype mt with (nolock) on m.TargetMonitoringClassId = mt.ManagedTypeId
    where m.IsUnitMonitor = 1

-- Scoped to within last 7 days
    AND sce.TimeGenerated > dateadd(dd,-7,getutcdate())
    group by m.DisplayName, m.Name,mt.typename
    order by StateChanges desc

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 10:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I was wondering if you ever resolved this issue? I have the same issue. An example of results from above query. 

348 System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager VM VGS installerad Microsoft.SystemCenter.VirtualMachineManager.2012.VMVGSInstalledMonitor
    348 Servizio guest di virtualizzazione nella macchina virtuale (VGS) installato in System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager Microsoft.SystemCenter.VirtualMachineManager.2012.VMVGSInstalledMonitor
    348 System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager - VGS da VM Instalado Microsoft.SystemCenter.VirtualMachineManager.2012.VMVGSInstalledMonitor
    348 System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager VM VGS がインストールされている Microsoft.SystemCenter.VirtualMachineManager.2012.VMVGSInstalledMonitor
    348 Instalace sady VGS virtuálního počítače nástroje System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager Microsoft.SystemCenter.VirtualMachineManager.2012.VMVGSInstalledMonitor
    348 System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager VM VGS 설치됨 Microsoft.SystemCenter.VirtualMachineManager.2012.VMVGSInstalledMonitor
    348 System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager VM VGS Instalado Microsoft.SystemCenter.VirtualMachineManager.2012.VMVGSInstalledMonitor
    348 System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager VM VGS Installed Microsoft.SystemCenter.VirtualMachineManager.2012.VMVGSInstalledMonitor
    348 VGS de máquina virtual de System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager instalado Microsoft.SystemCenter.VirtualMachineManager.2012.VMVGSInstalledMonitor
    348 System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager VM VGS geïnstalleerd Microsoft.SystemCenter.VirtualMachineManager.2012.VMVGSInstalledMonitor
    348 System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager – virtuális vendégszolgáltatások telepítése a virtuális gépen Microsoft.SystemCenter.VirtualMachineManager.2012.VMVGSInstalledMonitor
    348 System Center 2012 — instalacja usług VGS maszyny wirtualnej w programie Virtual Machine Manager Microsoft.SystemCenter.VirtualMachineManager.2012.VMVGSInstalledMonitor
    348 System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager VM VGS Yüklü Microsoft.SystemCenter.VirtualMachineManager.2012.VMVGSInstalledMonitor
    348 VGS d'ordinateur virtuel installé de System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 Microsoft.SystemCenter.VirtualMachineManager.2012.VMVGSInstalledMonitor
    348 Наличие служб VGS (System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager) Microsoft.SystemCenter.VirtualMachineManager.2012.VMVGSInstalledMonitor

The region settings are English (Ireland). It is also happening for alerts from the Hyper-V MP. Is there any way to stop these multiple language alerts?

Is the only way to export the MP's edit the version and delete the offending language packs from the XML and reimport?

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 11:07 AM