Everything before November 4th 2009 has vanished from my Outlook Calendar RRS feed

• General discussion

• Because I'm self-employed, I need to refer back to past business meetings, contacts etc. in my Outlook Calendar.

Looking back to October 2009 yesterday, I saw to my horror that there's now nothing at all in the Calendar (except 2 isolated, unrelated appointments) prior to November 4th 2009.

As I understand it, the default setting on Microsoft Windows Outlook Calendar is 6 months, and I haven't altered any of my settings (wouldn't know how to).  I'm guessing that my Calendar information prior to Nov 4th 2009 is still sitting somewhere within my computer, but would very much like to retreive this valuable information and replace it into my Calendar.

If anybody has any helpful suggestions (and advice on how to avoid this happening again) I would very much appreciate hearing from you.  Please do remember that I am a computer amateur (not even that good!!) so if you do have any advice, please make it idiot-proof, for me!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010 10:42 AM

All replies

• If your using a Microsoft Exchange server and the Exchange server computer has an antivirus program (norton) that scans the exchange database files, appointments can disappear from your outlook calendar.

The fix is to configure the antivirus not to scan any of the exchange folders.

Make sure kb947355 and kb945432 Microsoft update are not installed b/cus, if they are try to uninstall them and reboot the computer...... hope that help.
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 5:40 AM
  • Thank you very much for taking time to send me your advice -- much appreciated.  I use AVG, so will first of all call them, before tackling the challenge of how to find & uninstall Microsft updates on my laptop!
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 9:59 AM