Unable to boot my laptop. how to decrept bitlocker with password key RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I had already the mcafee encryption on my laptop. on top of it I turn on the bitlocker encreption. now my laptop is not booting. getting error on botting as "EEPC has been currupted" . I have bitlocker key in my pen drive. please help how to unlock and boot my laptop.

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 2:43 PM

Answers

• Sure. Boot a Windows 7/8.x/10 Setup DVD or USB medium, then, instead of launching setup, press shift F10 and a command line will appear. There, you can mount the drive like that:

manage-bde -unlock x: -rp yournumericalkey_here

If that works, you can decrypt it like this:

manage-bde -off x: -rp yournumericalkey_here

(this will take a while and you can verify what it does by launching [on another shift-F10 prompt]

manage-bde -status x:)

The drive letter x: needs to be replaced for the letter as WINPE sees your drive. That can be found out again on the command line (you should do it before) with notepad. Start notepad by typing the command notepad and press strg-O and its open-dialogue comes up and you can navigate to "my computer" and see the drive letters.

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 12:13 PM

All replies

• Hi Rohan,

According to the content of your post, I search related resources online, the error message you received seemed to be linked to McAfee rather than Microsoft.

There is a similar case may be helpful to you, please check it.

http://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/28343585/EEPC-has-been-corrupted.html

In addition, I advise you post current issue on the McAfee security community, there are many similar case like yours, they may provide some guide for you.

https://community.mcafee.com/welcome

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope my clarification is clear.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 28, 2016 2:24 PM
  • Do you have a backup? You might need it :|

I would undo the bitlocking and see if that helps. That can be done from winPE using the command line manage-bde.

Thursday, January 28, 2016 7:23 PM
  • Nope. I don't have backup. What i have is only bit locker key which I saved in pen drive while encryption.
    Friday, January 29, 2016 10:18 AM
  • Please comment on the suggestion with WinPE, do you know how to do that?
    Monday, February 1, 2016 8:31 AM
  • No. Can you provide useful info / links in this regards?
    Tuesday, February 2, 2016 10:11 AM
  • Sure. Boot a Windows 7/8.x/10 Setup DVD or USB medium, then, instead of launching setup, press shift F10 and a command line will appear. There, you can mount the drive like that:

manage-bde -unlock x: -rp yournumericalkey_here

If that works, you can decrypt it like this:

manage-bde -off x: -rp yournumericalkey_here

(this will take a while and you can verify what it does by launching [on another shift-F10 prompt]

manage-bde -status x:)

The drive letter x: needs to be replaced for the letter as WINPE sees your drive. That can be found out again on the command line (you should do it before) with notepad. Start notepad by typing the command notepad and press strg-O and its open-dialogue comes up and you can navigate to "my computer" and see the drive letters.

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 12:13 PM
  • I have the same situation as our friend Rohan555. We accidentally ran a Bitlocker on top of Mcafee Encryption and now the system is not Booting up. Same message "EEPC has been corrupted" is shown. 

I have two partitions on this disk F: (System Reserved) and G: (RAW) but only one with Bitlocker signature (G:). System Reserved is accessible and ok. The RAW partition <g class="gr_ gr_96 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-del replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="96" id="96">G:</g> is not accessible. 

When I try to follow your instructions on G, I receive this message:

---------------------------------------------------------

C:\WINDOWS\system32>manage-bde -status g:
    BitLocker Drive Encryption: Configuration Tool version 10.0.17763
    Copyright (C) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Volume G: []
    [Data Volume]

Size:                 Unknown GB
        BitLocker Version:    None
        Conversion Status:    Fully Decrypted
        Percentage Encrypted: 0.0%
        Encryption Method:    None
        Protection Status:    Protection Off
        Lock Status:          Unlocked
        Identification Field: None
        Automatic Unlock:     Disabled
        Key Protectors:       None Found

---------------------------------------------------------

Trying to look for some answers<g class="gr_ gr_47 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_disable_anim_appear Punctuation multiReplace" data-gr-id="47" id="47">..</g> Any way to fix this Bitlocker</g> partition?

• Edited by chbruno Friday, February 8, 2019 3:53 PM removing html tags
    Friday, February 8, 2019 3:51 PM
  • chbruno, make sure that the partition you are working with is really the one that is encrypted. I wrote before how to use notepad to identify that.
    Tuesday, February 19, 2019 9:43 AM