Has anyone Sequenced Adobe Lightroom 3.6? RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to sequence adobe lightroom 3.6. Unfortunately our network has our documents shared to a network volume. I receive the following error -

Lightroom cannot create a catalog named "Lightroom 3 Catalog" on a network volume share.

I have attempted to run Adobe Application Manager Enterprise Edition which I now realize will do me no good, because the version of lightroom I have is not an Enterprise edition. I also don't know if they make it in an Enterprise Edition, and don't want it if they do, it is for 2 Workstations.

I have scipted this using Powershell and packaged it into an .exe which will allow for the local install on the 2 workstation with the same error -

Lightroom cannot create a catalog named "Lightroom 3 Catalog" on a network volume share.

I can fix this with a huge bandaid, but need this needs to follow standards.

Anyone packaged this?

Also, I am still in the ancient days using softgrid 4.1?

• Edited by Never4saken Wednesday, December 19, 2012 6:27 PM
    Wednesday, December 19, 2012 6:11 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I was able to successfully sequence Adobe Lightroom 4.3. I had a different issue and it is resolved. Pls chk my blog appvtech.blogspot.com/2013/01/sequencing-adobe-lightroom-43.html. The issue which you are talking about is application specific as the application itself doesnt allow you to create or read catalog from network shares.

Thursday, January 10, 2013 5:41 AM

All replies

• Hello,

The fact that the application can't create a network folder doesn't really seem App-V related? Any chance you can contact the vendor and ask them for assistance?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 9:33 PM
  • Hello,

I was able to successfully sequence Adobe Lightroom 4.3. I had a different issue and it is resolved. Pls chk my blog appvtech.blogspot.com/2013/01/sequencing-adobe-lightroom-43.html. The issue which you are talking about is application specific as the application itself doesnt allow you to create or read catalog from network shares.

Thursday, January 10, 2013 5:41 AM