none
Graphical Status indicators in Project center RRS feed

• Question

• I am using the following formula with no luck can some one tell me why this the datediff is not returning a value?

Switch((Int(DateDiff("n", [Start], [Finish]) / (24 * 60) + 0.9) > 10), "Good", (Int(DateDiff("n", [Start], [Finish]) / (24 * 60) + 0.9) > 1), "BAD")

What I am trying to get to is three status indicators of Good,  Caution and Bad.

I was hoping to do this based on the % of days left n the project against the % of work yet to be completed. But when this failed I tried to simplify it to the above to just see if I could get the datediff function to work. At this point I can't seem to get it to work and provide the appropriate indicators or any values. Any suggestion for a person that is new to Indicators and formulas?

The original formula was along this.

Switch((Int(DateDiff("n", Now(), [Finish]) / (24 * 60) + 0.9) / Int(DateDiff("n", [Start], [Finish]) / (24 * 60) + 0.9) > (0.100 - [% Complete])), "Good")

thanks!

• Edited by Dan Mishler Thursday, March 13, 2014 6:58 PM
    Thursday, March 13, 2014 6:37 PM

All replies

• Dan --

I am trying to read the two formulas, and maybe I am just dense today, but I cannot figure out what your criteria are for Good and Bad.  Could you tell in plain English what your criteria are, and then perhaps we can suggest a better formula to use?  Let us know.  Thanks!

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, March 14, 2014 1:44 PM
  • well if the difference between the dates is greater than 10 then good,  if between 10 -1 then bad
    Tuesday, March 18, 2014 4:11 PM
  • Dan -

Thanks for the information.  The % of days left in the project can be calculated using the following formula:

[Remaining Duration] / [Duration]

The percent of work left in the project can be calculated using the following formula:

[Remaining Work] / [Work]

Is there any way you could simplify your formula to use these calculations instead of what you are using in your original formula?  Let us know and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 6:36 PM