Beginning a site in SharePoint RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,
    I am new to SharePoint. I have set up my server by means of help from some of you guys (here is my previous threads).

Now, here is were all the hard work starts :) Can anyone suggest from where I should start? I've been through some tutorials regarding creating sites, forms etc. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I think it best to start with a site which is available for all and it will include around 20 to 40 forms (documents) (which can be viewed by all). However, I would also like to create a workflow so if a form is chosen by someone they can fill it in and start a workflow (for approval etc). Obviously different forms would/could have different workflows assigned to them.

The next step is that users will be put into Groups.

For instance:

Group A:5 Users and 1 Manager

Group B:6 Users, 1 Manager etc..

If user 1 from Group A opens a form requesting vacation leave then the workflow should flow to user 4 then Manager from group A.

However, the same process would occur for any user in any group the difference is that the workflow would send it to user 4 of the group that particular user is in etc..

I guess those are the basic steps required at present. Then enhancements can be carried out further along the way. Of course if I am wrong please do let me know.

Thanks!

Friday, March 2, 2012 2:22 PM

All replies