none
Wizard Pane Based on Task Sequence selection RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have create a custom MDT wizard pane which has drop down to select the type of server like "IIS" or "SQL" or "Base OS" to install during deployment of Windows 2008 task sequence. User would be able to chose it from the drop down and it works fine.

Have created new task sequence to deploy 2012 and we have only 2 types of server "IIS" or "Base OS" the user should be able to chose from only these. Have created another MDT wizard pane for 2012.

Here is the problem.

Could some one let me know how to create a condition so that when user select 2008 Task sequence they get the first custom page and if they chose 2012 they get the other custom page. Now even if I run 2012 task sequence they get the first custom wizard pane.

• Edited by Preenesh Wednesday, March 25, 2015 8:32 PM Update
    Wednesday, March 25, 2015 8:26 PM

All replies

• A much better way to do this is create individual task sequences for each different iteration.  It makes things much more complex to try and do that with one Task Sequence.  Although I suppose you could create applications that do what you are talking about without any custom screens. In  summary:

1. Separate task sequences for the two different server types

or

2. Create an application step that calls dism to add the feature.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, March 27, 2015 8:18 PM