Changing case in emails RRS feed

• Question

• When I put a link to a file in an email that contains an uppercase letter, if you click on the link, upper case letters become lower case.  This is a problem when connecting to a Linux server (case sensitive).
    Friday, January 25, 2019 6:07 PM

All replies

• Here's an example:

This URL:

https://www.masterdatareports.com/Reports/ConstituentData42.csv

Changed to this when clicked on

https://www.masterdatareports.com/reports/ConstituentData42.csv

(notice the r)

Friday, January 25, 2019 6:11 PM
  • What browser is set as your default for outlook links? 
    Friday, January 25, 2019 6:48 PM
  • Hi Yank,

Does the letter change immediately during composing or after sending?

Do you directly paste the Hyperlink to message body? What if we insert the Hyperlink to text? 

I don’t have a Linux server to help test this issue on my side. Could we know this issue only occur to your client? Can you reproduce it on another Outlook client connected to a Linux server?

Besides, please also test this issue on the web mail to see if it can be reproduced.

I haven’t found related official articles. We can first create a new profile to test the result.

In addition, what’s the detailed version of Outlook? Please install newest updates to see if it helps.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, January 29, 2019 6:45 AM
    Monday, January 28, 2019 7:11 AM
  • Hi Yank,

Just check if the reply above is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 8:07 AM