Lync 2010 RCC on FreePBX? RRS feed

• Question

• Is it at all possible to enable remote call control with a FreePBX(asterisk) server?

Heres my current setup:

1. I have a working FreePBX server as our companies PBX.
    2. Nearly everyone has IP phones on thier desks.
    3. I wish to enable click to call insode the Lync client and Outlook so that when a user initiates a call inside the Lync client, their desktop phone connects the call. the user then picks up the desk phone and talks to the person they called.
    4. Incoming caller ID popup on the Lync client would be nice too.

I have a softphone that I use on my desktop and I am able to do this. I click on a phone number inside outlook and it makes my softphone initiate the outgoing call. It works for my internal asterisk extensions as well as local and long distance numbers. I am enterprise voice enabled. I tried the same thing on a test workstation that doesn't use a softphone (just a deskphone) and the Lync client complained that there was no speakers or microphone attached to the computer. I changed that user over to Remote Call Control inside the Lync Control Panel and the error that comes up is:

Anyone have any ideas on where to go from here?

Lync is such a promising platform and it would be wonderful if I could just get over this problem.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 10:01 PM

Answers

All replies