none
"DefaultFolderNameMatchingUserLanguage" for new mailboxes

Question

• Hi

I want to set all the mailboxRegionalConfiguration for my new accounts.

I set

Set-MailboxRegionalConfiguration -Identity <Mailbox> -Language sv-SE -DateFormat "yyyy-MM-dd" -TimeFormat HH:mm -TimeZone "W. Europe Standard Time"

But i can't figure out how to change the "DefaultFolderNameMatchingUserLanguage"

Now some of my users have english names on the folders.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 9:01 AM

All replies

• this is example for you

Set-MailboxRegionalConfiguration -Identity “Adam_Bokiniec” -Language en-GB -DateFormat “dd/MM/yyyy” -TimeFormat “HH:mm” -TimeZone “W. Europe Standard Time”

• Proposed as answer by Lakhan S Tuesday, May 21, 2013 9:24 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Mikael.Hagberg Tuesday, May 21, 2013 9:51 AM
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 9:24 AM
  • Yes, but that does not set the language for the folders.
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 9:52 AM
  • in above powershell command you forgot to put language name in " ".  Have you tried this?

Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:08 AM
  • in above powershell command you forgot to put language name in " ".  Have you tried this?

The command works, it sets -language to sv-SE but i can't change the foldernames. the user can change it from the OWA themself, but i want to do it for them.
    Thursday, May 23, 2013 10:15 AM
  • I guess i have to go with a manual fix then...

Start outlook with: "outlook.exe /resetfoldernames" or make make the user change it themself with the OWA...

Maybe someone will provide us with a smart powershell/ews solution in the future...

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 7:05 PM
  • If you want an Powershell/EWS solution for this have a look at http://eightwone.com/2013/01/19/fixing-well-known-folders-troubles/

Cheers
    Glen

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 5:21 AM
  • Get-MailboxRegionalConfiguration -Identity "Mailbox"| fl

Set-MailboxRegionalConfiguration -Identity "Mailbox" -Language "de-AT" -DateFormat "dd.MM.yyyy" -TimeFormat "HH:mm" -TimeZone "W. Europe Standard Time" -LocalizeDefaultFolderName

Get-MailboxRegionalConfiguration -Identity "Mailbox" -VerifyDefaultFolderNameLanguage | fl

Now the DefaultFolderNameMatchingUserLanguage value is switched from False to True

Friday, May 11, 2018 3:00 PM