none
Overriding the Finish Date RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have several tasks that span the entire year but the resources assigned to these tasks do not. For example, the task goes to December 2013 but resources only have work through October. I have set my task type to Fixed Duration but everytime I add a resource, the resource finish date goes to December. If I manually change to October, my task finish date changes to October. Can I do a manualy override so resource assignments end in October and my task finish date is December?

Thanks!

Jessica Hancock

Monday, December 17, 2012 4:46 PM

Answers

• Hi Jessica,

This can be done by using Resource Usage View, say Resource R1, R2 are assigned on this task that finishes on 12/26/2013, you can insert Finish Date column in resource usage view and change Finish dates for R1, R2 as say 10/12/2013; this will not change the Finish Date of Task though resource assignment date has been changed to reflect October.

Sapna Shukla

Monday, December 17, 2012 5:29 PM

All replies

• Hi Jessica,

Set your task type to fixed work and put the correct finish date by adjusting the duration.

When you are done, remove work  for the extra month by using the resource usage view for each resource.

Regards, Naweed

Monday, December 17, 2012 4:56 PM
  • Hi Jessica,

This can be done by using Resource Usage View, say Resource R1, R2 are assigned on this task that finishes on 12/26/2013, you can insert Finish Date column in resource usage view and change Finish dates for R1, R2 as say 10/12/2013; this will not change the Finish Date of Task though resource assignment date has been changed to reflect October.

Sapna Shukla

Monday, December 17, 2012 5:29 PM