Working with 8 people in 1 inbox with categories, who can i see who puts a category RRS feed

• Question

• Good day , we have crated severeal categories per trade in 1 mailbox. is it possible to see who from those 8 people gave a category to a mail ?

I can give one categorie name, let us say "important" one collor green, why can i not make another category name "important" with red?

Rgds

Geert

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 12:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Geert,

>>  is it possible to see who from those 8 people gave a category to a mail?

I am afraid it it not feasible to see which user applies a category to a message in Outlook. Given this situation, it is encouraged to submit your idea to the Outlook UserVoice forum

>> I can give one categories name, let us say "important" one collor green, why can i not make another category name "important" with red?

This is by design that we cannot apply a same name to different color categories. I am assuming that this is in order to avoid confusion as Color categories are designed to help quickly track and organize items by "color". If you still want to use one name for multiple categories, personally I'd like to suggest using similar words to bypass this limitation. For example, you can name "Important" with green and "important" with red. 

Hope this is clear and helpful.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, January 24, 2019 9:19 AM
  • Hi Geert,

I am writing to see how everything is going with the question. If the reply above was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer so that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? If you still need help regarding this, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 9:28 AM
  • thank you, info was helpful

rgds

Geert

Monday, February 18, 2019 10:19 AM
  • thank you, info was helpful

rgds

Geert

So glad to hear that! By the way, do you mind helping mark the post above as answer to close the thread? Thanks for your understanding!

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Monday, February 18, 2019 10:23 AM