Exchange 2010 DAG Status RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

We're running Exchange 2010 SP1, we have 100 DB's in our DAG in Germany spread over multiple servers across two sites. For each DB, we have a primary copy, replication copies and a lag copy. All our databases are named BERMB1, BERMB2, .....BERMB100

I would like to run a Powershell that tells me that whether each DB is mounted, that's all. I don't need to know whether their copies are ok, just that they are mounted. This is an emergency test if you like.

I find that if I run

Get-mailboxdatabasecopystatus -Identity BERMB*

Then I am returned values for ALL the copies. How can I just get returned the names of the DB's, confirmation that they are mounted, and theserver they are mounted on?

Saturday, January 7, 2012 7:42 PM

Answers

• @ Smith1974 - yes, you are correct, the cmd I mentioned would not show a dismounted database.   If all you want to see are JUST mounted and dismounted databases (ie:  not healthy copies, failed copies, etc), you could try the following cmd:

Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus BERMB* | where {$_.Status -like "*mounted"} | ft databasename, status, activedatabasecopy

-Matt

• Proposed as answer by emma.yoyo Tuesday, January 10, 2012 3:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by emma.yoyo Monday, January 16, 2012 1:48 AM
    Sunday, January 8, 2012 3:06 PM
  • If all you need is to see if a DB is mounted or not, the easiest way is:

Get-MailboxDatabase -Status | Select Name, Mounted

For a single DB:

Get-MailboxDatabase MDB1 -Status | Select Mounted

http://LetsExchange.blogspot.com
    Sunday, January 8, 2012 3:42 PM

All replies

• This should get you the DB's that are mounted, and their respective servers that they are mounted on:

Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus BERMB* | where {$_.Status -eq "mounted"} | ft databasename, status, activedatabasecopy

Saturday, January 7, 2012 8:34 PM
  • Hi,

try out my script. It is for monitoring the database statux with NAGIOS. But I think it should give youe the status result you need.

http://sus42.wordpress.com/2011/01/06/monitoring-microsoft-exchange-2010-with-nagios/

regards Thomas Paetzold visit my blog on: http://sus42.wordpress.com
    • Edited by Peddy1st Saturday, January 7, 2012 10:39 PM
    Saturday, January 7, 2012 10:38 PM
  • Thank you both.

Regarding this script here:

Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus BERMB* | where {$_.Status -eq "mounted"} | ft databasename, status, activedatabasecopy

This wouldn't show if a mailbox was dismounted though would it? I would like to know the status of all my databases, whether they are mounted or not?

Thanks again!

Sunday, January 8, 2012 1:16 AM
  • On Sun, 8 Jan 2012 01:16:05 +0000, Smith1974 wrote:

>
    >
    >Thank you both.
    >
    >Regarding this script here:
    >
    >Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus BERMB* | where {$_.Status -eq "mounted"} | ft databasename, status, activedatabasecopy
    >
    >This wouldn't show if a mailbox was dismounted though would it? I would like to know the status of all my databases, whether they are mounted or not?

Then just omit the "| where {....}" and pipe the output of the
    get-mailboxdatabasecopystatus right into the FT cmdlet.

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Sunday, January 8, 2012 3:31 AM
  • @ Smith1974 - yes, you are correct, the cmd I mentioned would not show a dismounted database.   If all you want to see are JUST mounted and dismounted databases (ie:  not healthy copies, failed copies, etc), you could try the following cmd:

Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus BERMB* | where {$_.Status -like "*mounted"} | ft databasename, status, activedatabasecopy

-Matt

Sunday, January 8, 2012 3:06 PM
  • If all you need is to see if a DB is mounted or not, the easiest way is:

Get-MailboxDatabase -Status | Select Name, Mounted

For a single DB:

Get-MailboxDatabase MDB1 -Status | Select Mounted

Sunday, January 8, 2012 3:42 PM
  • Hi Smith,

Any updates?

Frank Wang

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 3:33 AM
  • Thanks everyone..

Just before we finish, does anyone know what states the active copy of a database can be? I was thinking Mounted, Dismounted, and Mounting? Basically, all I want to know if the state of the ACTIVE database?

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:40 PM
  • There are a lot more!   :)   I guess if a DB is active it has to be mounted otherwise it is not the active one, unless you are talking about the ContentIndexState as well.

You can check them all here: Monitor Databases in DAGs

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:46 PM