none
Changing Project name in print out RRS feed

• Question

• I am using project 2013 and I am taking an old file and modifying it. When I go to print it out in the bottom left it still has the project name from the old file. I have changed the name in all the job info tabs. But when I print it out it still has the old name in there. How do I change this??  I am new to this program.

Thanks

Thursday, June 12, 2014 1:36 PM

Answers

• Silly question, but did you rename the file saving it to Project 2013, and not only change the name in the Project information dialog box?

Then if the issue persists, export (save as) the file as XML, edit the file with a notepad and check the 3rd row which contains the project name. You can directly edit it here in the XML file. Finally open the XML file from Project Pro and save it back as a project file.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Thursday, June 12, 2014 2:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Matt,

Have you changed the project name in the project summary task from the "format" tab?

Hope this helps,

Thursday, June 12, 2014 2:10 PM
  • Yes I did change it there and the old name still appears.
    Thursday, June 12, 2014 2:22 PM
  • Silly question, but did you rename the file saving it to Project 2013, and not only change the name in the Project information dialog box?

Then if the issue persists, export (save as) the file as XML, edit the file with a notepad and check the 3rd row which contains the project name. You can directly edit it here in the XML file. Finally open the XML file from Project Pro and save it back as a project file.

Hope this helps,

Thursday, June 12, 2014 2:30 PM
  • That worked out.  Thanks for the help.
    Thursday, June 12, 2014 2:46 PM
  • You're more than welcome Matt.

Please mark any useful reply as an answer so other users with the same concern can refer to it.

Hope this helps,

Thursday, June 12, 2014 2:50 PM