none
Edge: Is it possible to set Edge homepage thorugh Group Policy?

Question

• We have configured Start pages in Edge through group policy but we haven't found a group policy to configure home pages.

So when a user clicks on the home button, it redirects to msn page... is there a way to do it through gpo? I know it's possible through UI and Windows Registry here

"Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge\Main

"

Tuesday, January 09, 2018 3:34 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Windows provide Microsoft Edge homepage modification through Group Policy on Windows 10 version 1511 domain joined computers through "Configure corporate Home pages". But according to other customers' feedback, this policy not work even through we could configure it. Since Windows 10 version 1607, the Group Policy is removed. 

So I recommend to modify registry through Group Policy Object and deploy it on domain joined clients.

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 10:57 AM
  • Hi,

Any update?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 12, 2018 4:59 AM
  • There is no GPO today that will allow admins to set a Homepage in MS EDGE

You can however, use the Group Policy Preference (GPP) Registry to push the setting.

In this blog, we are sharing the registry location and we will follow up with the step by steps necessary on how to do this.

How do I set the home page in Edge?

• https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/askie/2017/10/04/how-do-i-set-the-home-page-in-edge/
    Saturday, February 10, 2018 1:53 AM